Solved Windows Explorer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny

Hi.. Looking for some advice.. have read a couple of post's on here; don't think they are the exact issue.. I am a newbie to the BP World, so please bear with me..

I am able to launch Windows Explorer (Win10) and pass the file path in a Navigate Stage (fed by data items to make up the full path, due to a variable path depending on the year & week number); so happy so far.. but I need to confirm the file exists, but cannot Spy Explorer.. When I launch in Application Modeller, I can see the Identify Button flash for a second, but then it goes back to Launch.. I did read the post about multi threads and did follow that, but just got a message back saying the target application had not been set in my Navigate stage.. (I set this in both Modeller and the Navigation stage, tried "Windows Explorer", "Explorer" & "Explorer.exe".. neither worked.. so not sure if the solution would have worked for me in any case..

Any advice; greatly appreciated..

Many Thanks

VJR

Hello Danny,

You may want to use 'File Exists' of the 'Utility - File Management' before launching the Explorer.

Danny

Hi VJR...

Thank you so much; hadn't even ventured to the utilities folder.. wow, what a find, lots of interesting stuff in there..

And yes, found exactly what I needed...

Thanks Again..

Status
Not open for further replies.