How to use Left Join in Blue Prism?

I am new in Blue Prism. I have two collections with different column numbers but one common column name Customer_ID.
How can I merge/Join Collection 1 with Collection 2 into One Collection based on Customer_ID.

ewilson

I am new in Blue Prism. I have two collections with different column numbers but one common column name Customer_ID.
How can I merge/Join Collection 1 with Collection 2 into One Collection based on Customer_ID.
There’s a VBO on the Digital Exchange called Utility - Collection Manipulation. I’d suggest taking at look at that as it has several additional features for working with Collections.

Additionally, you can always do this in a Code stage and manipulate the Collections as actual .NET DataTables if you’re more comfortable with that.

Cheers,
Eric

tgundhus

Hi,
the best way here is actually to make your own object and write the code yourself. As @ewilson mentions, collections are translated into .NET DataTables, so there are multiple ways to do this, here is one article from stackoverflow;

To be honest, I ain't completely satisfied with how it's solved in the article, specially not for use in Blue Prism as it's not very memory friendly, but it should solve you problem :)

I've made multiple objects for this in the past, my favorite is actually a SQLite integration one, which temporary (or permanently) converts collections and so to tables, giving you the option to write queries against them and cache them. A tip for anyone who would like to do something similar and are trying to work and manipulate "large" data-sets using blue prism.