Blueprism - Read Actual Value Issue

mcandrewe

I am reading a set of column headings from Excel. I am then using the read value to make a decision. My issue is that one of the values in the Excel is "Town", when Blueprism reads the value it reads it as "Town " . I have checked the excel and the value is "Town".

Why would this happen?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 21

Sukesh Kumaru

Hello,

After reading those Column names/values, when ever you get those extra spaces before or after the string, then use Trim() Function to remove those spaces and let you perform accordingly.

Good Luck !

mcandrewe

Hello,

After reading those Column names/values, when ever you get those extra spaces before or after the string, then use Trim() Function to remove those spaces and let you perform accordingly.

Good Luck !
Thanks for the tip. However, I want to make sure the column is called "Title" (this is a process which does a series of validations). What is causing the space?

danminter

Could the spaces be in excel(kind of hidden? excel can be weird when it comes to this), could you possibly use the trim function in excel as well to rectify this issue?

mcandrewe

Could the spaces be in excel(kind of hidden? excel can be weird when it comes to this), could you possibly use the trim function in excel as well to rectify this issue?
Unfortunately that hasn't worked either. For the time being I am telling the process to expect "Town " but would like to solve the issue if possible.