On entering a text in a text box through write stage in a web page, the adjacent button is not getting enabled

skarnati

I am automating an enterprise application using Blue Prism, On entering a text in a particular text box, the button next to it should be enabled as per the process document which is happening when I do it manually.

However, When I use write stage and enter the text its not happening.

I tried using navigate stage to click on the center of Textbox and used Application modeler to send keys within the same navigate stage but it didn't work.

Is there any way to achieve what I want?

Attachments

• Buttonnotenabled.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 196

VJR

Hi skarnati, what you did are the two ways of writing to that text box. So nothing really much can be added to write to it. Here are a few possibilities you can explore-
- You have tried with Send Keys, also check with Global Send keys Events.
- Check with other spying modes
- What is the text you are trying to type in there - is it a long one, does it have any spaces in it. Is there a need for a Wait stage anywhere
- If this is a web application go to the View Source of the web page and see the HTML of the textbox to find if some event or something is triggered when anything is typed into the textbox and consider achieving the same using Blue Prism.
- Sometimes pressing TAB or ENTER or some arrow keys after writing the text also does the activation of other controls.

skarnati

Hi VJR, I tried Global send key events too but it didn't work as the cursor is not being placed inside the text box. However, I was able to get it done by going through the developer options, captured id of the text box and implemented Insert Javascript Fragment and Invoke Javascript function Actions to place the cursor inside the textbox and then used Global send keys to insert text.

Thank you for your reply.

VJR

Hi VJR, I tried Global send key events too but it didn't work as the cursor is not being placed inside the text box. However, I was able to get it done by going through the developer options, captured id of the text box and implemented Insert Javascript Fragment and Invoke Javascript function Actions to place the cursor inside the textbox and then used Global send keys to insert text.

That's great...that is the exact thing I was suggesting you to try in the second last option.

MayankD

Could you show it how did you implement javascript function and placed cursor inside textbox. Please attach screen.

Andrew.Herrmann

skarnati, I'm having the same issue. Would you mind posting a quick how-to?

Thanks!

Manurai10

i am facing same issue. please share the script/screenshot how you achieved this.

sagarj0229

I'm having the same issue. Can you please share the script/screenshot how you achieved this

ashur281

I'm having the same issue. Can you please share the script/screenshot how you achieved this
Can you help me with the code please

Shweta

can you please let me know how did you use these two in combination - Insert Javascript Fragment and Invoke Javascript function Actions . My requirement is to click on an element but its ID is changing dynamically. Path is also not fixed. It is java based app