Solved How to right click on an application and select an option in the popup window using Key or Click events?

Vivian

Hi team
I have already right-click the application and pop up a window. Then I want to select the option on the popup and don't know how to do .I am trying to spy the popup. But I couldn't recognize any element using any spy mode on the pop-up. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

VJR

Hi Vivian,

Hope you have tried with AA mode where you could spy each of the menu options on the Right click.
If you are unable to and getting the Error in Spy operation then try the below.

After right clicking see if your menu options have got the underlined accelerator keys

(U, t, C, P in image below)
1524944070366.png

This option is usually seen if we use the Properties button of the keyboard and not when we do a right click with the mouse. But even though they are not visibly underlined using the mouse they are still accessible. For eg; if you right click with the mouse and Press P it will still Paste whatever text is present in the Clipboard.
But this will depend on the type of application you are working on. Some applications do not provide these keys. So see if you have got those keys. If yes then you can use Sendkeys and type that key to access the desired menu option.

If that option is not available then you will have to navigate one by one by using Sendkeys Down arrow until you reach the desired menu option.

Here I have right clicked using BP, then used the Sendkeys {DOWN} arrow 4 times within the same Navigate stage and then "{ENTER}" in that same stage which pasted the text you are seeing below.

1524943836841.png

Vivian

Hi VJR~
Thanks for your detailed response. It really solved my puzzles and Now it works fine for me. Thanks a lot!!

Reactions: VJR